Jess selected for British squad at Gijon Nations Cup
Jessica Mendoza has been named today (16 August) as a member of the squad to represent Great Britain in the CSIO5* FEI Nations Cup in Gijon, Spain on 2 September 2017. The full squad is as follows:
- Alison Barton from Bradford, Yorkshire with the British bred 10 year-old chestnut mare Roma IV, owned by Gaye Hartley
- Ben Maher MBE from Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire with either MTF Madame X, a 10 year-old bay mare or Quilata, a 13 year-old bay mare, both owned by Poden Farms
- Jessica Mendoza from Wiltshire and now based in The Netherlands with Toy Boy, a 9 year-old chestnut gelding owned by Sarah Mendoza
- Jake Saywell, from Newark, Nottinghamshire with Havinia van de Roshoeve, a 10 year-old grey mare owned by Rachel Gascoine
- Keith Shore from Northwich, Cheshire with his own British bred 14 year-old bay gelding Mystic Hurricane
The competition takes place between the 30th August – 4th September 2017 at the Las Mestas Sports Centre. This will be the seventh and final point scoring leg of the series for the British Team. The Gijon Nations Cup itself takes place on Saturday 2nd September at 13:45 hrs local time and the Grand Prix will be on Monday 4th September at 16.30 hrs local time. The Chef d’Equipe accompanying the team will be World Class Performance Manager for Showjumping, Di Lampard.
Click here for further information on the show and full results once the show is underway, visit. Full information in respect of the FEI Nations Cup series can be found by visiting www.fei.org. FEI TV will be showing live footage from the event. To access this please visit www.feitv.org.